JOIN US NOW IN OUR EFFORT TO CUT DOWN ON SINGLE-USE PLASTICS! #RejectPlasticWaste
In a world where plastic constitutes 90% of all trash floating on the ocean's surface and 40% of all the lakes in American are too polluted for fishing, it's imperative that water enthusiasts need to make a change, now! There is literally a giant patch of garbage floating in our seas call the Great Pacific Garbage Patch and, according to National Geographic, this garbage patch, also known as the Pacific trash vortex, spans waters from the West Coast of North America to Japan.
Start asking "why not paper-straws?"
We're working on something BIG and we want you to be a part of it! Our primary campaign in the works is to start a movement of banning plastic-straws. Plastic straws make up the largest percentage of trash littering our world today. Some places like SeaWorld have already made the switch, ditching plastic straws for paper ones instead. So we ask, why can't all food and beverage establishments make the switch too? Stay tuned for details!
Pledge to say no to plastics! #Pledge2EndPlasticWaste
I pledge to cut back on using single-use plastics in my everyday life. I will make every effort to change my daily habits and conviniences to change out the following:
- I will keep a reusable straw with me at all times and swap it out for plastic straws when I dine out.
- I will carry reusable canvas bags in my car to swap out at the store in place of using plastic bags.
- I will keep with me whenever possible a reusable set of dinning ware instead of using single-use plastic forks, spoons, and knives.
- I will BYOC (Bring My Own Cup) when grabbing my hot or iced coffee on the go.
- I will STOP using bottled water and swap it out for a refillable water bottle of my own.
- I will recycle as much as possible in my own home and when I am out.
- I will encourage my family and friends to take the "Say No To Plastics Pledge" too.